Due to the decline in activity on the forums here we’ve decided to try a Facebook group to drive engagement.
Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation
It is with great sadness to inform you that Tom GM0PPE has passed away. See below for full details and funeral arrangements for any one who is interested. It goes with out saying that our deepest sympathies go out to Tom’s wife and family at this time.
FRAME Thomas (Tom) (Port Seton) Peacefully, on Saturday, May 2, 2015, at Fidra Nursing Home, North Berwick, after a long illness bravely borne, Tom, dearly loved husband of Irene (nee Marr),
much loved dad of Marion and Ian, loving grandad, dear brother of Barbara and Robert, brother-in-law of George and a friend of many. Funeral service will be held at Seafield Crematorium,
on Tuesday, May 19, at 2 pm, to which all family and friends are welcome. Family flowers only, please. Retiral collection for The PSP Association.
WHY NOT GIVE THIS A GO AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE. EVEN IF YOU ONLY MAKE ONE QSO IT IS AT LEAST SOMETHING….
(1) Date 13th May 2015
(2) Time 00:00 to 23:59 Local Time
(3) Modes SSB /FM / CW/ Data
(4) Bands 1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28, 50, 70, 144 & 432 MHz
(5) Power As per your licence
Full=400W, Intermediate=50W and Foundation=10W
(6) Your Locator World Wide Locator (WWL) i.e. IO85MX
(7) Eligible Entrants Open to anyone who wishes to take part
(8) Transmit Exchange Report (RST)
(9) Receive Exchange Report plus Contacts WWL
(10) Closing Date for the Logs is Monday, 18th May 2015
(11) Blank Log Sheet (CPSARC ACTIVITY DAY LOG SHEET ENTRY FORM) can be downloaded from Club Website http://cpsarc.com/downloads/
(12) Return Logs to Bob Glasgow GM4UYZ,
7 Castle Terrace,
(13) QSO’s not Eligible Any HF/VHF/UHF QSO’s via a repeater do not count
The aim of the event is to get on the air and work as many stations that you can in the allotted time period plus at the same time have some fun.
** REMEMBER YOU CAN USE THE SAME LOG ENTRIES FOR **
* THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE VIC GM4GGF TROPHY AWARD
Full information in the January 2015 newsletter.
DF NIGHT — Friday 8th May 2015
Meet @ 18:30 for 19:00 start at the Car Park opposite the Dragon Way Chinese Restaurant, Port Seton
Cost: £2.00 per person for Club Funds
Map of Hunt Area is provided plus rules. Can also be found on the club website under downloads.
This is our first DF Night of 2014 around the county of East Lothian. The “fox”, this time GM4IKT no doubt will find a good hiding place and then he will transmit for 30 secs every 5 minutes starting at 19:00. The DF Hunt finishes at 20:45 where we retire to the Thorntree Inn for the DF Hunt debrief.
Easy to find… I can assure you it is not, East Lothian throws up some strange radio transmissions which can send you on a wild goose chase….
So do you want an evening of good fun well come along and join in. I hope you all will do.