Talk by John MM0JXI – uBIX Transceiver
Fri 16th November 19:00 to 21:00
Talk is at:
Port Seton Community Centre
Resources Room 1
South Seton Park
Starting at 19:00
Cost is £2 per head to cover the room hire, any excess will go into club funds
John MM0JXI is delivering a talk on the uBIX Transceiver. It will be a fascinating talk as John will no doubt take us through all the steps of its construction and setting up. Hopefully Cephas MM0INS who is also building the same kit will bring his along as well.
Hope many of you will try and turn up to what I think will be a fascinating talk.
(1) Date – ANY DAY BETWEEN THE 11th NOVEMBER and the 17th NOVEMBER
(2) Time 00:00 to 23:59 Local Time
(3) Modes SSB /FM / CW/ AM/ Data
(4) Bands 1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28, 50, 70, 144 & 432 MHz
(5) Power As per your licence
Full=400W, Intermediate=50W and Foundation=10W
(6) Your Locator World Wide Locator (WWL) i.e. IO85MX
(7) Eligible Entrants Open to anyone who wishes to take part
(8) Transmit Exchange Report (RST)
(9) Receive Exchange Report plus Contacts WWL
(10) Closing Date for the Logs is Wednesday, 21st NOVEMBER 2018
(11) Blank Log Sheet (CPSARC ACTIVITY DAY LOG SHEET ENTRY FORM) can be downloaded from Club
**PLEASE USE LATEST ENTRY FORM AS WILL HELP ENORMOUSLY,
2018 ACTIVITY DAY LOGSHEET V1.7
ACTIVITY DAY LOG SHEET BASIC
**Note it is not mandatory but it helps me, THANKS **
(12) Return Logs to Bob Glasgow GM4UYZ,
7 Castle Terrace,
(13) QSO’s not Eligible Any HF/VHF/UHF QSO’s via a repeater or satellite do not count
(14) Full Rules can be found at http://cpsarc.com/downloads/ in file “2017 Monthly Activity Day Rules – New.docx
The aim of the event is to get on the air and work as many stations that you can in the allotted time period plus at the same time have some fun. As previous it offers more flexibility and allows you to choose what day you can operate on during the chosen week.
** REMEMBER YOU CAN USE THE SAME LOG ENTRIES FOR**
**THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE VIC GM4GGF TROPHY AWARD**
REMEMBER it is club night on Friday 2nd NOVEMBER at the usual place. It is the ELEVENTH of 2018 so hope you can all make a massive effort to make this a bumper club attendance. It will be fantastic to see you all, regulars, new faces and those who have not been for a while at club night and show that you are still supporting our great club
Thorntree INN, (Lounge Bar), High Street, Cockenzie, Port Seton. From 19:00 till late
Our Club financial year (runs from January to December) and if you would like to donate towards the clubs running costs, which is £24 a year then there are different ways to do it.
• Pay via the Paypal Link on the club website (If paying this way then make it £25 to cover the Paypal costs, thanks
• Donation of £2 at every club night
• Donation at any time.
Many thanks in advance for supporting the club it is so much appreciated
We will be operating from Blackberry Farm opposite Torness Power Station. Attached is a link to the map for directions
Hope you will come and support us and if you want to operate then I am sure we can find a slot for you. It is a 48 hour contest starting at 01:00 BST Saturday and ending at 23:59 UTC on Sunday.
See you there then