** CHANCE TO PLAY RADIO DURING THIS VIRUS PANDEMIC **
(1) Date – ANY DAY BETWEEN THE 10th JANUARY and the 16th JANUARY 2021
(2) Time 00:00 to 23:59 Local Time
(3) Modes SSB /FM / CW/ AM/ Data
(4) Bands 1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28, 50, 70, 144, 432 MHz, 1.2, 2.3, 3.4, 5.7 & 10GHZ
(5) Power As per your licence
Full=400W, Intermediate=50W and Foundation=10W
(6) Your Locator Worldwide Locator (WWL) i.e. IO85MX
(7) Eligible Entrants – Open to anyone who wishes to take part
(8) Transmit Exchange Report (RST)
(9) Receive Exchange Report plus Contacts WWL
(10) Closing Date for the Logs is Wednesday, 20th JANUARY 2021
(11) Blank Log Sheet for 2021 can be downloaded from Club Website – Download Section “2021-Activity-Day-Logsheet-V1.23“
**PLEASE USE LATEST ENTRY FORM AS WILL HELP ME ENORMOUSLY,
**Note it is not mandatory but it helps me, THANKS **
(12) Return Logs to Bob Glasgow GM4UYZ,
7 Castle Terrace,
(13) QSO’s not Eligible Any HF/VHF/UHF QSO’s via a repeater, Digital or satellite do not count
(14) Full Rules can be found at http://cpsarc.com/downloads/ in file “2021 New Monthly Activity Day Rules V5.docx”
The aim of the event is to get on the air and work as many stations that you can in the allotted time period plus at the same time have some fun. As previous it offers more flexibility and allows you to choose what day you can operate on during the chosen week.
** REMEMBER YOU CAN USE THE SAME LOG ENTRIES FOR**
**THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE VIC GM4GGF TROPHY AWARD**
NOTE: FORMAT FOR 2021 is the same as previous years.
It is the First Club Night of 2021 and as we are still unable to meet up Face to Face due to the Coronavirus, so it will be another virtual club meeting using ZOOM. I will open a ZOOM session for 19:00 on Friday 8th January and the link for access is as below. We can give it a try say for 1 hour or so and if successful again we could hold further Virtual Club Meetings in the future until we can once again meet Face to Face. I think this is better than nothing.
Join Zoom Meeting – Click on the link
Meeting ID: 511 859 4062
Our New Club financial year for 2021 has started (runs from January to December) and if you would like to donate towards the clubs running costs, which is £24 a year then there are different ways to do it. Normal club night the donation is £2 or whatever you wish to donate. (Must admit the Annual Payment helps me enormously, GM4UYZ)
Remember our Club Ethos is “would you like to donate” so it is up to you, but all the money goes to help pay for club expenses throughout the year.
Payments can be via the following methods:
- Pay via the Paypal Link (Large Orange DONATE Button) by clicking on this on the club website cpsarc.com and what you put in goes direct to a PayPal Pool that has been set up and the beauty of this that there is no additional payment to PayPal
- Cash – You can put this via my door in an envelope (Remember to add your name on the envelope)
- Cheque – Payable to Cockenzie & Port Seton Amateur Radio Club. Send to my home address
- Can be found on QRZ.com
- Bank Transfer – Contact me direct via text, messenger, phone or email and I will give you the Sort Code and Account Number.
Many thanks for supporting the Radio Club throughout these difficult times it is so appreciated.
Look forward to “Seeing” you on Friday
Just a reminder that I need your Tracking Spreadsheet by the 10th January 2021 at the extreme latest to allow me to adjudicate entries to work out the Trophy winners.
There are two trophies “up for grabs”
- BOB PURVES GM4IKT TROPHY – New Foundation Licences obtained within 3 Year Periods
- For 2020 Period Foundation Licences gained in 2017, 2018, 2019
- ITALIAN TROPHY – Open to all Licensees
If you do wish to take part, then you can download the recording spreadsheet and rules from the club’s website. http://cpsarc.com/downloads/
BOB PURVES GM4IKT and ITALIAN Trophy Rules -2019V2.0.doc
ITALIAN AREAS Tracking V8.0.xlsx
Look forward to receiving your entry……
Back in 2009, we ran a challenge as part of our 25 Years Club Anniversary. As part of this challenge, The Left Handed Capacitor Trophy in memory of Vic GM4GGF was awarded to the winner of the Foundation Licence holder with the “most Distant QSO”. Martyn MM3XXW, now MM0XXW won this.
Another challenge where the trophy could be once more presented, but this time on an annual basis was created in 2011. The idea from thanks Cambell MM0DXC, is to present it to the person who has been licensed for up to one year, and makes the greatest number of QSO’s during our Club Radio Events. The aim is to encourage newer operators to operate and help overcome any microphone hesitancy.
|Year||Winner||Call Sign||Comments||Training Year|
|2009||Martyn Whyte||MM0XXW/2M0XXW/MM3XXW||Winner 25 Year Challenge||N/A|
|2011||Paul Rice||MM0VPR/2M0CEX/MM6ANB||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2010/2011|
|2012||Cephas Alexander Ralph||MM0INS/2M0INS/MM6INS||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2011/2012|
|2013||Taner Sener||MM0SEN/2M0SEN/MM6WHY||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2012/2013|
|2014||Billy Lawson||MM6YLA/2M0WLA/MM0MLD||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2013/2014|
|2016||Tommy Gallagher||MM6FXP/2M0EGH||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2015/2016|
|2017||Timothy Clark||MM6VZT/2M0LEJ/MM0VTO||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2016/2017|
|2018||Craig Snedden||MM6KLQ/2M0NBW/MM0NBW||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2017/2018|
|2019||Andrew Brodie||MM6PMQ||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2018/2019|
|2020||NEWBIE: Greatest QSO’s Made in Club Events||2019/2020|
2020 has been a real rubbish year all round so we can only hope and pray that 2021 will show some light at the end of the tunnel with regard this horrible Coronavirus. We all need to take care and stay safe in the meantime and “do” as we are told reference FACTS and any other advise that we are given.
I would like to also take this opportunity to you all for supporting the Radio Club over the last year and I hope you will continue to do so. Without you all we do not have a Radio Club.
A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2021 WHEN IT COMES TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY
“TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE”