Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Currently, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings become available?
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
• one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
• any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
• travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
The above is statements about the virus and its risks which we really must adhere to not just for ourselves personally but also our family and friends. The whole country is in a “lockdown” situation to try and contain the virus. This affects some of our club events where some are cancelled, and others will depend on what happens regarding the lockdown whether it is kept for a long period or lifted. Things are changing day to day, so we need to keep up with what is the latest actions.
Below are our events that are affected and others that may or may not happen over the next 2 months.
• 3rd April – Club Night —- CANCELLED
• 25/26th April – Blackpool Trip —- CANCELLED
• 1st May – Club Night —- POSSIBLITY OF BEING CANCELLED
• 8th May – First DF Night —- POSSIBLITY OF BEING CANCELLED
Everyone keep safe……