Return to News

Construction Night – Friday 20th March

Home Forums News Construction Night – Friday 20th March

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

There will be a “Construction Night” on Friday 20th March at the Port Seaton Community Centre.

The idea is to build something which can be completed and tested in one night so we have to keep it pretty simple. The construction project will be a fairly simple kit which allows you to build a step down variable voltage regulator. It could be used to power any low voltage device or you could even make your own phone charger.

It will accept either AC or DC inputs between 5 – 30 V and gives a constantly variable output of between 2V – 30V at 1 Amp Max.

Whether or not you need one it should be a good night and you can either sharpen up your soldering skills or help out those who are less experienced.

If you are interested in attending please let me know as the kits have to be ordered in advance. For those who don’t already know my email is cephas.ralph@nospam.btopenworld.com (leaving out the nospam bit)

The cost will be £4 for the kit plus the usual contribution towards the hire of the room. Tea, coffee, tools and test equipment are all included.

I already have 7 people signed-up to attend and places are limited so if you are interested please don’t hang about and get in touch ASAP.

Many thanks

Cephas
    MM0INS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.