Return to Contest

CQWW SSB 2012

Home Forums Contest CQWW SSB 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Cambell MM0DXC

Hey, its time to get this event sorted.

GM2T will be arriving on site at Barnes Ness Lighthouse at first light (7:30am(ish)) on Friday 26th October and will commence building the station for the contest which starts at 01:00 (local) on Saturday 27th. The contest will finish at 24:00 on Sunday 28th and at first light on the Monday it will need to be dismantled and stowed away for the winter.

Now, We need help from the club members for this event whether it be to build the station, operate the station or dismantle the station. Event turning up for a visit boosts morale among the tired “Hard Core” team members. People are also welcome who may want to support the team and that could be to make the lads a cuppa, lunch or any type of input.

The station build is a large task where monoband antennas on masts require to be built along with rotator cables and coax cables (it all needs to be done) We also need to install some wire antennas. We need all of this to be done in the daylight as working in the dark is not an option due to health and safety.

This contest, while mentally tiring is actually one of the simplest contests that GM2T take part in so is ideal for newly licenced members who want to get on the air or experienced operators who want to improve their skills.

Please reply to this thread with your plans and availability.

It would really help us to arrange our time if we could know in advance who plans to attend, when, for how long and do what ?

Cheers

MM0DXC

Cambell MM0DXC

Cambell, towing, attending start to finish, build, operate, dismantle.

John MM0CCC

MM0CCC.  Full duration, perhaps with a visit home Sat or Sunday daytime.  Build/Op/Tear Down.  Not sure if I’ll be taking van or car.  Van MOT due in couple of weeks so depends what prognosis on that is.  15m Yagi & Scaffold mast all OK to go.

I’m not sure if I’ll have the tower ready, still to collect from Geoff.  Need to fit replacement tow hitch, and not got the new steel ropes.  Will be a few months until I have spare £ for them.  I can provide a second scaffold mast for 10m yagi if need be though, and if you prefer, have enough ali to rattle up a shorter yagi if you’re not keen on sticking the 6ele on a scaffold mast.

What do you require from 91b, 1000MP, DVK?

Looking forward to it,

John

Geoff MM5AHO

I’m intending attending.

Arrival early Fri to close of play Monday. Will bring tools and anything else asked of me (within reason)

Can tow one thing, cook anything, operate most things, build many things, dismantle anything, and exaggerate my capability on all things!

I could bring the generator to the meeting 19th Oct, if someone could take it away from there to wherever its going?

John’s tower here at work ready to tow away (Nato Hitch). John can I help with the cable procurement?

Bob GM4UYZ

Definitely be there from start to finish… me being the shack pansy and all that!!!!!

Geoff contact Gary regarding generator.

Paul MM0VPR

Me there start to finish.

Cambell MM0DXC

John, I’ll let you know neared the time regarding your Alpha etc.

I was thinking about taking an A3S for 10m, saves building something that doesn’t exist yet and it can be thrown up in 20 mins.

John MM0CCC

OK Cambell, that’d be an easy alternative.  My weekends between now and CQWW are more or less planned for me so spare time is at a premium but if I can, I’ll try and get the tower and reassemble.

John

Cambell MM0DXC

Cool John. Part of the reason for going with the A3S was to stick it on a pipe mast. If we manage to take your tower, I’d rather stick a monbander of some description on it, probably 10m.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in the shack recently and the bands are in superb shape, VK VU on 10m for example. Lets hope it continues. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will be there daylight hours all 4 days as usual. Will check 20m yagi early next week and repair it hopefully.

Geoff MM5AHO

What’s happening about food? I could do something unless someone else has it in hand, or wants to…

Geoff

Cambell MM0DXC

Food hasn’t been arranged yet Geoff. I guess its the usual Friday night pizza from Umbertos, other than that I’m more than happy if you want to take that task on. We will have the double rings and the BBQ to use. There is some soup in the cupboards that is still in date and could probably be used for Friday Lunch.

Also Cephas has offered to help in the kitchen as his injury rules him out of anything requiring physical strength so maybe between the two of you, you can sort it out.

Geoff MM5AHO

Food.

OK, I’ll get the numbers closer to time, and do shopping day before. Costco or similar etc.

Geoff

mm0gpz

Hey.

Good luck guys.

Gordon

MM0GPZ

John MM0CCC

Is GM0B QRV this year, Gordon?  If not I’m sure we could use your help.

Looking at doing ARRL10M this year in December if youre interested.  Need to secure enough bodies to make sure it will be worthwhile.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.