Return to Discussion

GMDX Convention details announced

Home Forums Discussion GMDX Convention details announced

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Geoff MM5AHO

The GMDX Convention program is available on that website now.
    Its a great ineup of speakers.
    Membership not required to be able to attend.

see… here

While you’re there, check out the detail of the prizes for Homecoming Scotland special prefix use.
    here…

Chris MM0YAB

Just seen that on qrz looks good think its worth giving a bash ?

Bob GM4UYZ

Sean we have been going for a number of years and it is a good event.

John MM0CCC

with the Blackpool trip taking place the weekend before, I’m not sure if anyone’s planning on coming to GMDX this year but if you are, just to warn you, no double or triple rooms left so my booking looks like being up the road at premier inn.

Bob GM4UYZ

Hoping to go to the Day but not the meal. That’s the plan at the moment.

I am sure you can pay at the door for the day event, can someone clarify if they know?

Geoff MM5AHO

Booking is preferable to ensure enough chairs, coffee etc, but you can always just turn up and pay on the day.
    The main speaker is from the recent Amsterdam Island DXpedition this year.

Bob GM4UYZ

Thanks Geoff… Not sure about what I am doing. Yvonne is going in for an operation so everything is hinging on the outcome….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to go to ttalks on the day as welll

Geoff MM5AHO

After moving the GMDX date to prevent a clash with the Blackpool Rally (at the request of Scottish Clubs who wanted also to go that), we now find that there’s a lower response than usual.
    CPSARC normally has 5-8 attending. So far only Bob P and I are registered.

Registration isn’t essential, but preferable for planning to ensure enough facilities are laid on.

The speaker line up is probably the best for several years, including headline speaker Ralph Fedor K0IR, the leader of the recent very successful Amsterdam Island DXpedition, coming from USA just to Scotland to speak at this event. This is the first presentation on this DXpedition anywhere in Europe.

Here’s a link to the program.
    http://www.gmdx.org.uk/Default.aspx?pageId=1281156

The accommodation is said to have sold steadily, but not sold out. Don’t forget the dinner too.
    Will we have a CPSARC table as usual? On will it be Bob P and I on our own?

Roll up, roll up……

John MM0SNK
    Participant

I’m gonna go, but I think it’ll be daytime only as I’ll need to get back to feed the teenagers 🙂

J

Thomas MM0THL
    Participant

Any plans for this tomorrow? As its actually something close to my QTH i’m thinking of going down.

Bob GM4UYZ

Thomas — Bob Purves GM4IKT and myself are going to this tomorrow just for the day talks. Looking forward to it as they are normally really good. It is worth a visit I can assure you.

Bob GM4UYZ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Enjoyed my day. Good talks & enjoyed meeting people who I have not seen for a while.

Bob GM4UYZ

Really enjoyed the Convention this year. The talks were really good.

All being well will be back next year

Thomas MM0THL
    Participant

Thanks Bob and Bob, it was good to meet up with you both.

I had a great day. The talks far surpassed my expectations and I learnt more about DX’ing and general operating practices. Also met up with some new faces later on in the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.