↑ Return to Discussion

ISS SSTV IMAGE

Home Forums Discussion ISS SSTV IMAGE

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sean MM0SRY 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

sean MM0SRY

made a little video at the weekend of me recieving the sstv image from the iss i thought i would share it as i thought it was exciting im sorry for the poor videoing but its my first time and hopfully i will get better

here the actual image i got as i didnt manage to get a good shot of it in the the video

iss image

Bob GM4UYZ

Sean,

Well done …. As you say not the best picture but it has all the right information to confirm it. I am sure others, myself included would be interested in what your set-up was to capture the picture i.e. radio, antenna, receiving program, was the ISS directly over you or was it east or west of you.

Well done once again

Bob GM4UYZ

sean MM0SRY

thanks bob ye my shacks consists of a yaesu ft 847 watson colinal duel band antenna not got my oscar special up needing to sort out my mast the program i used to receive the picture was mmsstv i downloaded from the amsat website the video was taken with my new go pro camera the iss was south of my qth at a max elevation of about 40 deg time was about 0000hrs this for me was good as ive been trying for a long time to get something from the iss and herd nothing untill now

Bob GM4UYZ

Sean with what you received I think you did really well considering where the ISS was.

Chris MM0YAB

nice contact sean

sean MM0SRY

Here my second attempt at the iss sstv better quality picture this time round

Bob GM4UYZ

Well done Sean …one day you will get the perfect picture. You are showing true Ham spirit of trying to achieve an aim so well done for that. Keep it up as the say

sean MM0SRY

i forgot to add in the picture i got

Bob GM4UYZ

Sean,

Is the ISS sending this on 145.800 all the time ?

sean MM0SRY

They have stopped transmitting the sstv now ,they’ve done it a couple of times but it seems to be very popular so they might be going to do it on a regular basis hopefully. Information can be had from the amsat website or ariss but i will post up future news if it comes about again and give yous a heads up would be nice to see if there are others in the club that have a similar interest and maybe inspire others to try it out

Bob GM4UYZ

I have been listening off and on the last couple of days but as yet haven’t heard anything, Gicves the heads up if you know it is going to happen again as I might have ago at trying to get it as well.

Well done Sean – I’ve always wanted to have a go . Hope I can have a chat with you and get some tips next time I see you.

Cheers

Cephas

sean MM0SRY

Thanks Cephas i will be glad to help if i can my knowledge is limited just now but im always looking up articles and videos so learning all the time i love it

Excellent stuff Sean, enjoyed the video!
    Funnily enough I just downloaded MMSTV today so I could have a look and see if it’s something I fancy doing! also

nice pics and vid Sean
    what i fail to understand is why they send photos of postage stamps , the cosmos is at there fingertips shurley its easy enough to take a pic of their surrondings to send ..
    my opinion only, there will be a reason ..

regards Duncan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Switch to mobile version