Return to Web Site

User Avatars

Home Forums Web Site User Avatars

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AL MM0XAB 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John MM0JXI

I deleted a plugin by mistake which has resulted in any user uploaded avatars no longer showing beside your names.
    The images are all still in the uploads section so you can go and select it again.
    If you used an external image you will need to enter the url again

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can also register at gravatar.com with the same email address you use here and upload your image there, it will be pulled through to this site automatically (it’s what I use)

John

thank’s john
    all ok now
    duncan

John MM0JXI

I’m sorry, I’ve had to withdraw the facility to upload user avatars as the plugin is interfering with the forum.

You should create an account with gravatar.com using the same email you have registered here and upload your image there, wordpress will pull the image through here automatically.

John MM0JXI

User avatars are back.
    I’ve installed a new plugin which allows you to upload an image from your own PC (less than 150px) to use as a site avatar if you don’t want to use the gravatar.com system.

Enjoy, but if this plugin proves to affect other parts of the site it may get withdrawn.

To use it, display your own profile and scroll down to the Avatar section, here you get the choice of a using Gravatar.com or uploading your own image

thanks again john for your hard work

John MM0JXI

I discovered there was an issue where users below the level of Admin didn’t see the ‘upload an avatar’ dialog.
    I traced this to a setting not ticked allowing everyone to upload.

You should now be able to see the option to upload your own avatar on your profile screen.

AL MM0XAB
    Participant

Thank you John, Avatar up and running

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.