Return to Contest

VHF Field Day

Home Forums Contest VHF Field Day

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Bob GM4UYZ

From submissions above….

GOING
    John MM0CCC
    Bob GM4UYZ
    Geoff MM5AHO
    Cambell MM0DXC
    Gordon MM0GPZ
    Iain GM0OQV

NOT GOING
    Brian M0RNR
    Bob GM4IKT

Gary MM0FZV

Sorry guys but due to a health problem at the moment I honestly don’t think I will be able to make it this year. I can’t even drive at the moment 🙁

Gaz

Sandy MM0CJT

Can you put sandy MM0CJT down to go tnx.

Cambell MM0DXC

Any progress ? is the shack sorted ? Transport ?

Bob GM4UYZ

UPDATE

VHF Field is still on and apologises from John MM0CCC and me for lack of updates.

* Equipment will be more or less the same as last year.
    * Aerials much the same but going back to 8 yagi’s on 2M
    * Farmer confirmed the field is ok
    * Luton Van – Booked by John (not sure of cost though)
    * Mess Tent – Actively working on getting a tent from the scouts.

GOING
    John MM0CCC
    Bob GM4UYZ
    Geoff MM5AHO
    Cambell MM0DXC
    Gordon MM0GPZ
    Iain GM0OQV
    Sandy MM0CJT
    Robin MM0VTV
    Paul MM0VPR (Possible)

NOT GOING
    Brian M0RNR
    Bob GM4IKT

Robin MM0VTV

I was planning on attended on the Friday evening but looks like it could be Saturday evening.

Somethings come up at work, need to see if i can worm my way out of it.

Bob GM4UYZ

Fine Robin…. you’ll be on the night shift for poor attendance…ha ha ha…..

Joking

John MM0CCC

GM0RLZ also going though half expecting work to mean a late arrival. Cephas also likely to go but unable to put up antennas, I said he can whipcrack the riggers instead.

I reckon we only have one person who can tow – Cambell – if we assume Geoff is towing the genny. This will likely mean the tower will be for 6m/4m so 8×7 wont be possible on 2m, especially as the 2x5ele for 6m have not been repaired and the 7ele we use instead, needs half of the 2m H-Frame as a boom.

I’ll draft the equipment list up shortly but I suspect 2m will be 2x9ele M2 from Gordon.

John

Cambell MM0DXC

Any further news ?

Catering tent ?
    Catering ?
    Refreshments?
    BBQ ?

I’m happy to do the Makro run for liquid refreshments if required as I’ll be going for mine on the Thursday. Just need to know if anybody else wants me to pick up a box ?

John, can you please start an email list to the group to confirm these queries.

Geoff MM5AHO

I can do the catering again. Let me know about any absolute dislikes / alergies. (I know about DXCs aversion to slimy things).
    DXC veteran 2 burner cooker available? Gas?
    I’ll bring a one burner job, pots etc, and water container.

I’ll get diesel this or early next week for genny.

Think I’m on for 6m station up to but not including coax? (rig, amp, footswitch, preamp, sequencer etc)

Geoff

Cambell MM0DXC

I can bring the 2 x 2 ring burners and gas. I take it BBQ not req’d ?

Yep, no fish for me…….ewwwww

John, what about tables for the shack etc ?

Its very late but dont you think its a good idea to meet up to discuss ? Club night this Friday ? or Tuesday ??

Geoff MM5AHO

Meeting sounds a good idea.
    I think we can do without bbq – thinking that it takes a lot of space, but that were not an issue then it would be good. But buying meat etc planning needs to know if the bbq is coming or not. So decided on a space (transport) basis, but let me know in time for shopping.

I’m thinking to work Fri morning, do the shopping and leave from Cumbernauld, meeting up at about the usual time mid-later afternoon at the motorway near Moffat? Think that would work.

Cambell MM0DXC

Its not a problem to take the BBQ, its sitting cleaned and ready to go.There will deffinately be room in either my or Johns van so as you’re the “Catering God” you decide and I’ll just bring what I’m told. remember there are pots, pans etc in my shed which I’ll put through the dish washed before I load the van.

I would suggest that people bring their own cups, plates and cutlery though. On the cup front, please remember that we all have to get a cup of tea out of the kettle so any cups that are the size that will take half the water in the kettle will be given to the farmer to be used as a clay pigeon. Normal mugs only please guys, its only fair..

I dont know what kind of plans John has but I suspect it will be to leave around 12, like we usually do. I’m off all day so its no problem.

Sandy MM0CJT

Due to going back to work nightshift on Thursday 4th july I will not be able to attend the vhf field day as I hoped too.
    I have waited a long time to get back to work and I cant let this oppertunity go.
    hope u all have a good weekend.

Cambell MM0DXC

Glad you’re in work Sandy.

Dude, was only kidding about the cup !! lol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.