Return to Contest

VHF Field Day

Home Forums Contest VHF Field Day

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Bob GM4UYZ

Geoff remember the 70cms antennas
    Food will go with what you get…mot a fussy eater here…

Cambell put me down for refreshments

Collecting MESS tent on Monday…

Geoff MM5AHO

OK on bbq, so please bring it if space permits.
    I had nearly forgotten those 70cm antennas!

I’ve got the 6m preamp out and will make up the extension lead (control) that I’d planned, probably tomorrow night, and hope to get that tested this weekend. Have reorgansised the sequencer to be such that footswitch operates seq, seq controls rig which controls amp.

So here’s my list as I remember it.
    Cooking stuff
    Food
    some crockery. cutlery.
    6m rig (IC756p3)
    6m amp (Acom 1000)
    Connection cables
    6m preamp, & sequencer and cables.
    Rig to laptop device
    small cooker
    generator
    diesel
    water barrel/s
    tools
    flags

Geoff

Bob GM4UYZ

Geoff,

Your list is this…. added the antennas as I really don’t want you to forget them!!!!

70cms Antennas
    Cooking stuff
    Food
    some crockery. cutlery.
    6m rig (IC756p3)
    6m amp (Acom 1000)
    Connection cables
    6m preamp, & sequencer and cables.
    Rig to laptop device
    small cooker
    generator
    diesel
    water barrel/s
    tools
    flags

John,
    I have a box where I keep all my TS2000 to 70cms Sequencer cables. I have checked and all there….box hasn’t been opened since last year.

I have the Bandpass filters for 6M, 4M, 2M and 70cms as well in another box.

Will sort out everything this weekend all being well and have it ready to go in my car. The tent I am picking up I am not sure of the size so I may have to ask for it to go in the van for travelling as I don’t think I will have enough room in my car for it and the equipment.

Bob

John MM0CCC

Hi Folks

DXC – Yes to beer supplies. I’ll bring 2 tables and if you could bring 2 as well, that will mean one spare to go in the food tent. Happy to leave at 12 if all loaded. As Texted to you earlier, I’m working late tomorrow but will come straight to the Thorntree to discuss VHFFD. Will get equipment list out shortly.

AHO – Food requests – good Tea Bags please, Typhoo fits the bill. Please confirm that as well as 70cm yagis, you also still have the phasing harness. 6m Amp – Colin bringing his OM Power amp which ran well off the club and CCC gennys a fortnight ago. If possible if you have space, please still bring Acom1000 as you never know! Again for 6m station, fine for you to add in a pre amp, and I note you are doing so via a sequencer, but you’ll still need to consider
    1. CW Keying (please sort with GPZ) will also need to go via sequencer, and
    2. your i-Mate would key the rig direct, not via sequencer, so we’d be looking instead at an external DVK, which will also need a lead made up that re-routes the MIC plug PTT to the sequencer. i.e. the same as we do on 2m and 70cm.

UYZ – OK on 70cm sequencer leads, thanks for confirming. Colin has a 6m QRO Bandpass filter which we can put on 6m.

Van hire is sorted, picking up last thing Thursday. All the rental Lutons at our usual hire place are ex-NHS jobs, and no longer have “Lutons” above the drivers cabin, so space will be at a premium and will mean almost everything of a non-radio description will have to be stored outwith. On the plus side they are 12 footers so a wee bit longer than the CCC Luton. They also have a small side roller-shutter so we can bring all coax/mains/rot cables in this door, and seal it with a blanket. That way, all can come in and out the back during the day, and this can get closed when colder at night, and it keeps everyone away from the cables.

Have OK’d use of site again with Nick.

Thats all for now, see some of you tomorrow.

Geoff MM5AHO

Confirm Typhoo request and 70cm yagis including phasing harness.

On sequencer etc:
    Can’t the seq key the rig for CW with rig in non break in mode? That way the CW key doesn’t PTT the rig as it does in semi and full break in, and the rig waits for a PTT until switching to TX even if there’s keying coming from the CW key?

That would mean seq controlling rig, amp and preamp (in order) in same was for CW as for SSB.

Appreciate direction on that, as better to try and get it all working before leaving – which probably means this weekend doing it.

Geoff MM5AHO

Re Sequencer for 6m…
    Bob has kindly sent me schematics of the 70cm setup, so wil copy that.

Generator.
    Fired it up today and ran for 30 mins. Voltage stable at about 250, Freq 50Hz sags to about 49 on 2.5kW load, all else seems well. Greased the genny bearing.

70cm yagis.
    Took these down from their storage position and sitting on genny – harder to forget there! (phasing harness present)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.