**** NEW MEETING LOCATION *****
Meet @ 18:30 for 19:00 start at the CAR PARK at the SEAFRONT (Where the old Pond Hall was). When travelling from the west turn 1st LEFT past the Garage & Dentist and drive to the bottom of the road (about 200 yards)
Cost: £2.00 per person for Club Funds
Map of Hunt Area is provided plus rules. Can also be found on the club website under downloads and in the May 2019 Newsletter
This is our first DF Night of 2019 around the county of East Lothian. The “fox”, this time is Ricky GM1PLY and no doubt will find a good hiding place and then he will transmit for 30 secs every 5 minutes starting at 19:00. The DF Hunt finishes at 20:45 where we retire to the Thorntree Inn for the DF Hunt debrief.
Easy to find…? I can assure you it is not; East Lothian throws up some strange radio transmissions which can send you on a wild goose chase….
So, do you want an evening of good fun well come along and join in. I hope you all will do.
**** NEW MEETING LOCATION *****
(1) Date – ANY DAY BETWEEN THE 5th MAY and the 11th MAY
(2) Time 00:00 to 23:59 Local Time
(3) Modes SSB /FM / CW/ AM/ Data
(4) Bands 1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28, 50, 70, 144, 432 & 1296MHz
(5) Power As per your licence
Full=400W, Intermediate=50W and Foundation=10W
(6) Your Locator World Wide Locator (WWL) i.e. IO85MX
(7) Eligible Entrants Open to anyone who wishes to take part
(8) Transmit Exchange Report (RST)
(9) Receive Exchange Report plus Contacts WWL
(10) Closing Date for the Logs is Wednesday, 15th MAY 2019
(11) Blank Log Sheet can be downloaded from Club “2019-Activity-Day-Logsheet-V1.8”
** PLEASE USE LATEST ENTRY FORM AS WILL HELP ENORMOUSLY **
**Note it is not mandatory, but it helps me, THANKS **
(12) Return Logs to Bob Glasgow GM4UYZ,
7 Castle Terrace,
(13) QSO’s not Eligible Any HF/VHF/UHF QSO’s via a repeater do not count
(14) Full Rules can be found at http://cpsarc.com/downloads/ in file “2019 New Monthly Activity Day Rules.docx
The aim of the event is to get on the air and work as many stations that you can in the allotted time period plus at the same time have some fun. As previous it offers more flexibility and allows you to choose what day you can operate on during the chosen week.
** REMEMBER YOU CAN USE THE SAME LOG ENTRIES FOR**
**THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE VIC GM4GGF TROPHY AWARD**
** THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE BOB PURVES GM4IKT and the ITALIAN TROPHIES**
NOTE: FORMAT FOR 2019 is the same as 2018
REMEMBER it is club night on Friday 3rd May at the usual place. It is the FIFTH of 2019 so hope you can all make a massive effort to make this a bumper club attendance. It will be fantastic to see you all, regulars, new faces and those who have not been for a while at club night and show that you are still supporting our great club
Thorntree INN, (Lounge Bar),
High Street, Cockenzie, Port Seton. EH32 0DQ
From 19:00 till late
Our Club financial year (runs from January to December) and if you would like to donate towards the clubs running costs, which is £24 a year then there are different ways to do it.
• Pay via the Paypal Link on the club website (If paying this way then make it £25 to cover the Paypal costs, thanks
• Donation of £2 at every club night
• Donation at any time.
Many thanks in advance for supporting the club it is so much appreciated
Talk by Paul Gacek W6PNG/M0SNA – “Wilderness Radio in the Western USA” Friday 26th April 2019 @ 19:00
Talk by Paul Gacek W6PNG/M0SNA – “Wilderness Radio in the Western USA”
Friday 26th April 2019 @ 19:00
Port Seton Resource Centre (Community Centre) – Resources Room 1
South Seton Park, Port Seton EH32 0BQ
A little bit about Paul….
Along with a successful career in California (High Technical), Paul Gacek W6PNG, became an amateur radio operator. Finding that amateur radio challenged his mind and created opportunity to learn new things. Paul discovered SOTA, Summits on the Air, and operating from the field. California has over 4000 SOTA peaks, and that is a good start for W6PNG.
The talk looks like it will be an interesting and fascinating one so I hope you will all turn up and support the event to listen to it.
Usual cost of £2 per head to cover the room hire.
See you all on Friday 26th ……..